Development applications for a second location for a popular restaurant, multiple housing projects, a new nightclub, and more have been recorded with the city’s Planning Department in recent weeks.
Among the applications of interest:
- The developer of Sky Vue Palm Springs has filed for multiple permits. The project, consisting of 488 units, is located at the northwest corner of Tramview Road and Indian Canyon Drive, near the Miralon development in north Palm Springs. It is being developed by Watermarke Homes and is among other developments shown on its website here. Watermarke has also purchased the remaining land at the nearby Palermo townhome development at East San Rafael and North Indian Canyon Drive, intending to finish that half-completed project.
- Developers at Miralon in north Palm Springs have applied to build another 128 single-family homes. The project, when complete, will be more than 1,100 homes.
- Tac/Quila, which currently operates at 415 N. Palm Canyon Dr., plans to open a second location at 175 N. Palm Canyon Drive. Construction is underway.
- Fuego Nightclub is planned for 383 S. Palm Canyon Dr., in “The Bank Palm Springs” building.
- A dozen townhomes are planned for the property at the intersection of North Palm Canyon Drive and Camino Norte. The project’s name is “12 @ Las Palmas.”
- A pair of applications for a 24-unit condominium project with retail, planned for the vacant property at 575 N. Palm Canyon Dr., have been filed.
- Class 1 designations have been applied for at Villa Roma, a mid-century modern condominium development at 2500 S. Sierra Madre, and at a Donald Wexler-built home at 1272 E. Verena Drive. Wexler designed the home for himself and his family, and they lived there for several decades. Class 1 designation would mean the properties are considered historic in the city.
- Parklets have been applied for at El Patron, 101 S. Palm Canyon Dr., and the north location of Tac/Quila at 415 N. Palm Canyon Dr.
More information: Most larger projects are considered by the city’s Planning Commission, which usually meets twice a month. Agendas for those meetings and more information about the Planning Commission can be found here.