City officials this week announced the return of the much loved “All American Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular” this year at Palm Springs Stadium following last year’s widely panned laser light show.
Laser-focused: The City Council voted in May of 2021 to hold a laser light show instead of a fireworks show, citing concerns for veterans, pets, and the environment.
- But just a few months later, Councilmembers approved fireworks shows for Veterans Day and Independence Day.
This year’s fireworks show is the capstone of a weekend of free events planned in the city. Events include:
- Friday, July 1: Family-Friendly Dive in Movie “Jungle Cruise” at Palm Springs Swim Center, 405 S. Pavilion Way, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 2: Drone Show and Concert, featuring tribute band “Petty and the Heartbreakers” in the Downtown Park, Museum Way at Belardo Road, adjacent to the Forever Marilyn sculpture, 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, July 3: Family-Friendly Movie “The Goonies” in Ruth Hardy Park, 700 Tamarisk Road, 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 4: Family-Friendly Pool Party at the Palm Springs Swim Center, 405 S. Pavilion Way, featuring water games, inflatable slide, music, and great food, 3 p.m. – until the fireworks are over. Watch the City’s “All American Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular” at Palm Springs Stadium from the pool!
- Monday, July 4: Concert in the Park featuring “Turn the Page, Tribute to Bob Seger” in Sunrise Park, 480 S. Sunrise Way, 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 4: Palm Springs Power Baseball “All Stars Summer Collegiate Game,” Palm Springs Stadium, 1901 Baristo Road, 6 p.m.
- Monday, July 4: “All American Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular” at Palm Springs Stadium, 1901 Baristo Road, 9:15 p.m. sharp!